Friday, February 14, 2014

"YOU MAKE ME HAPPY ...

… WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY" seemed to be the perfect stamp for the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge HSS Sketch #178. When I saw the sketch I immediately could envision the card and everything fell into place. Love when that happens. So here is my interpretation of the sketch:



To make the sun I punched out a circle from Summer Starfruit card stock and attached little pieces of ribbon on the back. Then I cut into the ribbon lengthwise to give it the frazzled look. For the cloud I punched out some Smoky Slate and Basic Gray card stock with the cupcake builder punch and embossed it with the Decorative Dots TIEF from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. The raindrops are the flame of the candle in the "Create A Cupcake" stamp set. To make them pop a little more I embellished them with some Crystal Effects.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute ... thanks for the explanation too ... I didn't recognize the cupcake top or the candle flames at first!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Instagram

This blog has been my window to the world to showcase my artwork ever since I started my creative journey. In recent years Instagram has gai...